Thursday, April 8, 2010

Freedom

So today I have been thinking about the concept of true freedom.


And this is what I think:
True freedom is being aligned with your true purpose for being on earth. With that come the questions naturally. Can I really be free when I am strapped for cash? Can I be free while being in a relationship? Can I truly be free when there are rules to follow in the work place and indeed society?

A new site that I was introduced to today lists many similes for what freedom is. All of which are inspiring and have taken me down various paths of thoughts.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/free

This is what I believe to be true.

We all have a reason for having been born, no matter our religious or spiritual persuasion. We all know that there is more to life than going to school, university or college; then getting a job, earning money; finding a significant other and having children; retiring and dying. There is so much more to life and I believe that deep in the core of each of us, we are all aware of this.

So what IS it? What is that thing that will fill the gaping hole in our existence?

For me, it is knowing and living my purpose for being on earth. For each of us, we must find this key purpose to find ultimate happiness and fulfillment.

Freedom then must be: the place where we find ourselves truly aligned to our true purpose, in a place of serenity, joy and unrestrained by negativity and those things which are personal barriers to your own feeling of liberty to be the true you.

No comments:

Post a Comment